The Bureau: XCOM Declassified [20 agosto 2013]

www.thebureau-game.com

In uscita il 20 Agosto per PC, PS3 e Xbox.

The year is 1962. JFK is President and the Cold War has the nation gripped by fear – but a far more powerful and insidious enemy than communism is threatening America. Known only to a select few, a top-secret government unit called The Bureau begins investigating and concealing a series of mysterious attacks by an otherworldly enemy. As special agent William Carter, call the shots, pull the trigger and lead your squad in a gripping third-person tactical shooter set within a high-stakes, covert war to protect humanity. The Bureau’s mission is clear – survive, adapt and overcome the enemy threat to protect the citizens from the truth.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is a Third-Person Shooter (TPS) from the developers of BioShock 2. The year is 1962. The Cold War has the nation gripped by fear - but a far more powerful enemy than communism is threatening America. The Bureau, a top-secret government unit, begins investigating and concealing a series of mysterious attacks. As special agent William Carter, call the shots, pull the trigger and lead your squad in a gripping third-person tactical shooter set within a high-stakes, covert war to protect humanity. Features include: an immersive 1960s America, tactical squad based combat, brutal consequences and a government cover up that proves we are not alone in the universe.
Features

• Uncover the Mystery- Fight through the streets of 1960?s America as you uncover the declassified truth behind mankind?s first enemy invasion.
  • Be the Field Leader - As William Carter, a highly intelligent special agent, call the shots and pull the trigger. Formulate the plan of action, execute well-timed ambushes and flank your attackers to obliterate the threat.
  • Tactical Combat - Use your strategy to your advantage: enter Battle Focus to slow down time and execute your next move, commanding your squad with a variety of tactical actions to turn the tide in your favor.
  • No Second Chances - Pay the price for mistakes - permadeath will make you value your squad mates more than ever, and make losing one of them all the more painful.
  • Strategic Reflexes - Turn an enemy misstep into your strategic advantage. Give tactical commands on the fly to outsmart the enemy and make split-second decisions to save the lives of your squad.
  • Customization that Counts - Train each of your squad mates into unique specializations, allowing for a dynamic combination of skills to compliment your play style.

>> Trailer ufficiale "Origin Declassified" <<

At the height of the Cold War, The Bureau discovers a series of mysterious transmissions. Agent Carter and his team investigate the signal's origin and conceal it to protect citizens from the truth.

>> "The Burn Room" Live Action Trailer (Uncut) <<

In 1962, one covert group stood as the first and only defense against outside threats. From the shadows, The Bureau defended the world, protected humanity and EraseTheTruth.

>> The Evolution of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified <<

Video speciale di oltre 12 minuti a cura di IGN sull'evoluzione del progetto XCOM FPS dal progetto originale 2010 all'attuale TPS 2013. Qui c'è un sacco di gameplay, interfaccia, combat, alieni, mappe, skill, pausa tattica ecc...

[Debut Gameplay Reveal - "The Signal"

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - EXCLUSIVE Interview - Eurogamer
l'idea non mi dispiace vediamo cosa ne viene fuori

inb4 non e' a turni
Belli gli anni 60

Stiamo a vedere

Vabè visto l'ultimo video, in pratica è mass effect. Vediamo se son riusciti a migliorarlo (intendo il sistema di combattimento)

Leggetevi i commenti di questo video. Una cosa tremenda.

Perchè farsi del male gratuitamente?
Poteva essere carino un xcom ambientato in quegli anni.
Invece vedo gente che impallina macchie nere con lo shotgun

Così poche parole, così tanti sbagli...

Il gioco con i tizi che impallinnano la merda nera a suon di shotgun non esiste più ed è cambiato molto, moltissimo. Guarda bene il video perché The Bureau è una sorta di tattico in terza persona con coperture, party control, skill ecc...
Infatti ho chiuso inorridito troppo presto.

Tranquillo, inorridirai anche alla fine.
meglio la versione 2013 di quella 2010

concordo in toto, specialmente l'ultima parte dei creatori.

Confermo.
Mi fa pensare quell'fps sulla seconda guerra mondiale in cui potevi dare ordini alla squadra, non ricordo il titolo.
Brothers in Arms?

Quello giudicato più o meno universalmente come tutt'altro che pessimo?
Debut Gameplay Reveal - "The Signal"

EXCLUSIVE Interview - Eurogamer

E come direbbe il buon Gigi Proietti: "A me, me piace"
I like what I see

Se la stessa impostazione di gameplay ha fatto strappare i capelli con l'uccello in erezion al mondo intero per quella merdata di Mass Effect, non capisco perchè non debba avere risultati analoghi anche per questo prodotto.

I want to believe!
perche c'e' scritto xcom la gente va in rage
E non capisco perchè. Cos'ha di così sbagliato l'idea (al di là di quella che potrà essere la qualità effettiva del prodotto) di un TPS tattico ambientato nel mondo di XCOM?

No, io ora vorrei sapere chi si è strappato i capelli ed è sceso in strada mostrando l'erezione per quella merdata di Mass Effect.
Voglio saperlo ora!

Che il progetto in origine non doveva essere un tps ambientato nell'universo di xcom ma il seguito ufficiale e definitivo della serie?
In origine = 3 anni fa

Nel frattempo mi pare un seguito ufficiale più che degno sia uscito e che spazio per uno spinoff ci possa essere, sopratutto considerato che è comunque tattico e non uno spara spara ganassa pim pum alla Bulletstorm (nel qual caso avrei pure capito le critiche).