NIG Q2 NIQ Server

Hi Everyone

I play Q2 for a quite long time now and NGI is the only european gameing network that is hosting a NIQ server. Actualy they host the only NIQ server available for almost a year now.

NIQ is great fun but there are some maps that really shouldn't be in the map-cycle if it comes to my oppinion and the one of many other people. The maps i am refering to are fact3 (sudden death) and the huge outdoor map of wich i have forgotten the name. Both maps dont suit NIQ at all.. Fact3 is a map for people who like to spawncamp an no real skill is needed to play it. The outdoor map (the one of which also a ctf version exists) isnt any good for NIQ either. Either u get stuck on the lower parts where most of the people just try to spawncamp or you run around in the upper area where a low ping (which i have) is responsible for most of the frags since the whole map is actually one long corridor.

You might say now that this is just what i think but i know of many other people who dislike this 2 maps as much as i do. Just go along and ask some people and u will find out yourself.

So what i am asking for is to remove this 2 maps from the circle since.

The second big problem are bots. I know that other people already complained about it but at this day and age there are really enough means to prevent people from using bots. Almost every night I spend on NGI NIQ or InstaGib servers there is at least one player using a bot. And most of the time they dont even care when people find out. They just stay there or reconnect up to 100 times when they get kicked.
Q2ace has been released a long time ago and prevents bot-use nicely. It isnt hard to set up the servers so that everyone has to use q2ace to get in.. other gamin networks have introduced such protectiosn long time ago. Also installing the latest q2admin would help. So please think about using such means for the sake of botfree games.
Its not only that bots really can take out the piss of you. Good players get accused of using a bot all the time by people who dont know much about quake2 or havent played long enough to distinguish a bot from a real player.

Now you could ask why the fuck i dont just piss off and play on other servers if i am so unhappy about current states. I think i already gave one answer to this question by stating that NGI hosts the only european NIQ server. Another reason is that i have a nice ping on NGI, better than on most other Gamin-Networks and therefore its only logic that i spend some of my time on NGI.

However... its not my server and if you decide against removing the maps or installing bot protection i wont be able to do anything. Whatever NGI's goals are... NGI NIQ has become a very international server and i personally think that it would be a loss if it would disappear or not played on anymore cause of the problems mentioned above.

Thanks for reading through all of this and hopefully we will see some actions soon.

Gastropode aka Judas aka Schizophrenic
hi pal

i have the guy who is in charge of the Q2 stuffs having his holy holydays

he will be back soon
Ussignur
Mate we are working to get Q2Ace or latest version of Q2Admin for Linux.

Once i've found one of them.... the NIQ server will be modified as you asked... with a full anti-cheat protection !

C u
ma lol