It vs Fin

It seems admins should spend some time reading the rules. In italy vs finland game we had 3 or 4 (or was it more?) pauses for italy when their players went in and out from the game, while the rule for that kind of situation is:

If player drops, pause will be set (by the clan that remain in 4). Dropped player has to come back on server within 3 minutes, afterwhich admin will let match continue. This will be tollerated only 2 times per clan during whole match. A dropped player can be substituted during match.

Usually I wouldn't even notice that, but because the game was started ~22:00 EET, I had slept 5 hours the night before, and I had to wake up before 5 am next morning, it really pissed me off.

My other complaint is about the server. Though the ping didn't seem all that bad, the lag while shooting was absolutely unbelievable, more like 500+ ms than <200ms. I have played on 200 ping servers before with lag hardly bothering me at all, and the ping on NGI server was better and there wasn't much pl or choke either (though I'm quite sure HL didn't show the real ping, for example pinging from DOS shell gave constant over 200 ms).

Even with that kind of ping the game should have been almost playable, so I'm fairly sure there's something wrong with your lag compensation settings. Please get someone who knows more about them than I do to set them right. Also please note that there are rumors about HLGuard messing up the lag compensation, if they are true that might have something to do with it.

Despite all that I still have to apologize my childish behavior during anzio, and if you do something to the lag issue I will also continue playing in the tournament.

Edit:
New version of HLGuard is supposed to fix the lag compensation issue.

http://www.unitedadmins.com/News.aspx
For pauses you are in right. In Fin vs Ita admins pause the server some times. I don't know why, ask them.

For the ping, please read the news. It isn't an HLGUARD problem... cause of the high ping is DoD...

Try the ngi CS server : 194.177.125.40:27019
Try no DoD ngi server: 194.177.125.39:27016 pass eurocup

do you get the same ping ?
Actually I'm fairly sure HLGuard was at least partially causing the laggy feeling, as it really was messing up the lag compensation. And yes, that DoD server indeed gives worse ping than CS server.
There might be something wrong with your server config, we had some lag problems against Spain too and the server was pinging just fine with no choke or pl.