Operation Flashpoint 2 °_° !!!!!!!!!

America's army
Vietcong ha un'opzione ancora più intelligente: chi imposta il server può spuntare un'opzione di autobilanciamento, dove se per esempio ci sono 5 USA e 3 VC ed entra qualcuno che si mette USA, dopo un po' (in base a cosa non lo so), della gente viene automaticamente spostata VC per bilanciare le squadre.

ma io ke kaccios ho scritto ? lool
Quello che hai scritto tu è quello che vorresti. Io ho scritto di una cosa che esiste già e che funziona bene

e io che ho scritto?
admin sei lento io lo scritto prima :P
Hai ragione Admin. Ma in AA non ho mai visto il server swappare i giocatori durante la partita per bilanciare le squadre. So che esiste l'opzione AUTO, ma se non sbaglio è facoltativa, nel senso che è il giocatore a lasciar fare il server. Invece in VC mentre giochi il server ti può spostare dall'altra parte a seconda di quanti si è e quanti kill fai.

allora rimarrò sempre solo

muhahahaha
vabbeh dai... ho detto la stronzata:P
LOL Mauro
l'avete letta l'intervista su marek spanel?
su ofp.info.......... kazzo sembra ke sarà veramente figo ofp2

OFP.info: How many people joined BIS to work on OFP2? When did BIS actually start to work on OFP2? Is OFP2 the only game you are developing now? Would you provide the same high quality support as for OFP?

Marek Spanel: The team was growing all the time. At the beginning in 1997, only Ondrej (Suma) was full time team member, and the dev team of OFP grew continuously up to 12 full time developers in 2001. The team was growing after release of OFP and current OFP 2 counts over 25 people (including small team based in Australia).

OFP.info: Have you changed your way of working and goals you wish to achieve considering your previous developing experiences? Could you explain how?

Marek Spanel: We're much bigger company now and we have to change many aspects of our work. We had to improve our internal communication and organization, and - believe it or not – we had to write down some rules for everyone to follow. Still we avoid paperwork as much as we can, we use electronic means for almost every aspect of our work, and we concentrate on the real work, not on the meetings and reports.

OFP.info: It's not a secret that OFP was a blockbuster because of its warfare realism that no other game can challenge with, do you plan to continue this way and make OFP2 even more realistic? Have you hired additional technical advisors?

Marek Spanel: We want to make OFP2 more realistic and also more fun for gamers. We continue to cooperate with various people and we will continue to listen to feedback from our valuable community to make the game as good as possible. OFP2 will be more customisable, for example by further extending the choices player can made between Cadet and Veteran mode.

OFP.info: Have you started working on a brand new engine or more likely using an evolution of OFP engine (which was an evolution of Poseidon's one)? Can you give examples of what will change in 3D engine compared to OFP? (i.e.: Will it be possible to see underwater; would map streaming allow you to create larger ones) ? Are you going to implement DX9 features?

Marek Spanel: The graphical part of the engine is relatively small part of what makes the game. I would understand the engine more as complex of graphics, audio, AI, physics, network communication and user interface components. Anyway, OFP2 will be new generation of the same engine and it does mean we will reuse a lot of work done already if it suits well.
The engine architecture is being redesigned completely so in some aspects it's really new powerful engine that surpasses the original Flashpoint Engine in many areas. Generally, we don’t see any real limitations using the original Flashpoint Engine code and it’s very complex architecture that can hardly be implemented from the scratch without adding two or more years into time of development of the game. We mainly optimise and improve everything we have but we’re still able to reuse a lot of existing code.
Significantly larger maps will be definitely possible - we hope that the size of maps will not be really limited any more by anything else than map designers’ goals and skills. Better simulation of water is also something we take seriously for OFP2.

And yes, we're going to implement DX9 features in the engine and we really like pixel and vertex shaders and we're going to use it in the engine extensively.

OFP.info: Will you modify or improve the Netcode, can you confirm that people will be able to join Multiplayer games that have already started?

Marek Spanel: We're all the time working on improving the netcode. It's long-term effort and we're going to continue in it. We work on stability, performance and features; one particular thing is to introduce voice over net in the socket netcode. It's also possible we would dismiss DirectPlay netcode completely. Yes, we would like to introduce ability to join mp games in progress (optional depending on the design of each particular mission and depending on the server admin).

OFP.info: Do you plan to release tools to convert unofficial addons from OFP1 at the same time of OFP 2 release or later?

Marek Spanel: We would like to work with the community to have OFP1 addons converted to OFP2 as soon as possible, ideally at the time of release of OFP2 or just couple of days or weeks after it.

OFP.info: Can you give us the top five countries where OFP was the most sold?

Marek Spanel: It's hard to tell but top three in terms of units installed (which doesn't directly measure revenues or even copies sold in the countries) would probably be Germany, United States and Russia.

OFP.info: Concerning the game itself we have some detailed questions:

OFP.info: Could you give us five most important news, changes or differences between OFP and OFP2?

Marek Spanel: Better look and feel - more detailed vehicle and soldier models, more realistic terrain and vegetation

The same core gameplay as in original OFP – do not mend what's not broken - with more user friendly and polished user interface plus some new additional gameplay elements and options

Improved addon handling – easier addon installation and management

Interesting single player campaign – even more interesting than in OFP (if this is possible at all)

More versatile vehicle structure - multiple gunner positions, possibility to use any weapon system with any vehicle type when creating addons

Improved mission editing and scripting capabilities

Well-rounded flawless multiplayer support

OFP.info: Are you going to implement a new weather system, like snow falling, sand storms or others weather effects? Could the wind increase or change its direction during game, affecting bullets?

Marek Spanel: The wind in OFP already changes – just watch some waving flag to see that in action - but it doesn't influence bullets at all. It's more design decision if it's good to let wind to affect bullets. I personally like the idea but I can't confirm it's going to be implemented.

OFP.info: One of the most asked question is which era/conflict will be featured. Is it right that it could be about several eras? Can you say a little bit about the storyline? Would it be possible to see screenshots of your work in progress?

Marek Spanel: I can't tell you anything about the storyline at the moment but we're going to announce more details at upcoming E3 show about it. I can't give you any screenshots, I expect some first screenshots to be released sometimes in summer this year.

OFP.info: Concerning armors, do you plan to add several armors values depending on the sides of the tank, i.e. will the rear be more vulnerable like in reality? Will range and deflection be implemented? This would totally change the gameplay between Armors and AT infantry.

Marek Spanel: We think different armor values are already partially implemented in OFP. We would like to make it so that the differences between verious vehicle parts are more significant and more realistic. As for range and deflection, we currently have no plans to implement this. While we understand it might be a nice feature, we consider it to be more a "cherry on the cake", and we still see other parts of the cake which are more important and need to done first so it’s unlikely we’ll have time to go into such detail for armored vehicles.

OFP.info: As a lot of Hardcore fan asked it, will the tanks, choppers and planes' use be more realistic and complicated than in ofp1 or are you going to keep the same balance between realism and gameplay? Is it gonna be possible to have multiple gunner positions in the same vehicle (like Commander MG) ?

Marek Spanel: Multiple gunner positions are in our plans. We're trying different changes and improvements in design of gameplay with tanks, choppers and planes, but generally we are happy with the style of the original so the balance will be probably pretty same. The main idea with more men in the vehicles as in real life is sometimes controversial but we believe it is part of realism very important for OFP2 so we're probably going to keep it there. We would focus more on improvements of your AI crews and the polish of control and simulation models.

OFP.info: Will it be possible to use knives and bayonets, and to use others hand to hand weapons ?

Marek Spanel: Hand to hand combat is definitely in our list but I can’t confirm any specific features.

OFP.info: Concerning AI, could you give us some examples of what will change? I.e.: Will soldiers be affected by suppression fire?, will they try to find cover?

Marek Spanel: We want to rework the AI system to allow more scripting and designer control. It's too early to tell you any specific details.

OFP.info: Some people asked about animals, to create guards dog to improve immersion during Spec Ops missions for instance, would you take this in consideration ?

Marek Spanel: We would like to introduce animals in OFP2, that's all I can tell you now.

OFP.info: Are you gonna change damage effects on houses and bridges?

Marek Spanel: We're trying to change this aspect of the game but I can't confirm how exactly we're going to deal with it as it's very complex problem and it's still early work in progress.

OFP.info: Could you tell us a little more about commanding large squads and the featured strategic options as it's written in OFP2 description?

Marek Spanel: Operation Flashpoint always allowed commanding of large squads and I can't confirm there's anything new on this side in OFP2.

OFP.info: And , last question, Do you plan with Codemasters to make a classic and also a 'collector' edition of OFP2 with nice goodies inside for OFP big fans ?

Marek Spanel: I think it's a good idea and we really would like to create a special collectors edition of OFP2 but it depends also on Codemasters. Anyway, it's too early to tell you anything about it.

OFP.info: Thank you very much for this nice interview!
mi sono letto le prime 10 righe, ora metto in pausa il cervello e continuo con la traduzione domani altrimenti mi si apre in due.. lol
Si l'ho letta.

Spero solo che il "migliorare" l'attuale motore grafico di OFP sia un qualcosa di grosso, perchè la storia degli interni e dei muri che ti allontanano è ridicola.

questa sì che è una drittata

Spero che creino una patch o un qualcosa che impedisca alla gente di creare mappe da 10 metri per 10
@dmin, poi andiamo a caccia.. già ce li vedo gli allenamenti col clan, tutti a sparare ai cervi lol.. e iux che si chiede come mai non si può prendere granate e fucile dai loro cadaveri..
io nn ho bisogno di qualke animale in ofp2....
c'è ne sono già tanti tra gli ms LOL
veramente sarebbe troppo figo avere gli animali.Magari ti permettono anche di essere un'animale.Io che bruco x i prati con i testa sti 2 bei corni e te che mi dai la caccia con un law
pensa un battaglione di cavalleria tutti armati di g36 che casotto!
ah una cosa spero ke le armi siano + equilibrate........
nn voglio un stradominio del g36 come in ofp
novità:

Three theatres of combat in Operation Flashpoint 2 - 8.5.2003

Operation Flashpoint 2 will feature three different theatres of combat set in environments across Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa

www.flashpoint2.com